Happy Diwali!

Announcements: A member should be concerned about. And the Rules you should follow.
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Happy Diwali!

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Diwali (or Deepavali, the "festival of lights") is an ancient Hindu festival celebrated in autumn, In India, every year. Diwali is the biggest and the brightest festival in India. The festival spiritually signifies the victory of light over darkness.

[center]
Happy Diwali.jpg
[/center]

Before Diwali night, people clean, renovate and decorate their homes and offices. On Diwali night, Hindus dress up in new clothes or their best outfit, light up diyas (lamps and candles) inside and outside their home, participate in family puja (prayers) typically to Lakshmi – the goddess of wealth and prosperity. After puja, fireworks follow then a family feast including mithai (sweets), and an exchange of gifts between family members and close
friends. Diwali also marks a major shopping period in nations where it is celebrated.

We also put some electric lights on our houses, buildings to celebrate it. I've made some lights available at the top of the Forum to symbolize them. Enjoy! 8-)

PS.
1. Click on photo to see them opening in a nice layer.
2. Reference is taken from WIki.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.
Cobol Wolf

Re: Happy Diwali!

Post by Cobol Wolf »

Excellent effect of clicking on pictur. Loved the "crackers" effect of lights.

Happy Diwali!
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Glad, you liked them. And yes - ! :)
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.
zprogrammer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by zprogrammer »

Great work Anuj, Loved moving the cursor over the bulbs brought the kid within me :D
zprogrammer
nicc
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by nicc »

doesn't do anything for me under firefox and edge does not even allow me to see the photo!
Regards
Nic
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

What are you referring to as edge. Nic? And what version of Firefox are you using?
Thanks,
Anuj

Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Pandora-Box wrote:Great work Anuj, Loved moving the cursor over the bulbs brought the kid within me :D
They make some sound while they burst - I've not tried it in a firewall environment so be cautious when you hover mouse, over them, in office! :lol:
Thanks,
Anuj

Robert Sample
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Post by Robert Sample »

What are you referring to as edge. Nic
Edge is the new Microsoft browser replacing Internet Explorer in Windows 10. Edge doesn't allow add-in software such as Java.
zprogrammer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by zprogrammer »

Btw I am using Edge and it works fine for me
zprogrammer
Robert Sample
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Post by Robert Sample »

I should have mentioned that I'm using Edge, too, and see the picture and pop the lights.
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Robert Sample wrote:
What are you referring to as edge. Nic
Edge is the new Microsoft browser replacing Internet Explorer in Windows 10. Edge doesn't allow add-in software such as Java.
I see. i did not think in that direction. I did book my copy of Windows 10 but the update has not yet arrived for my laptop, so not using Edge that frequently.

Thanks Robert.
Thanks,
Anuj

Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Robert Sample wrote:I should have mentioned that I'm using Edge, too, and see the picture and pop the lights.
Click on the picture too and see what happens. That's going to be a board wide setting now.
Thanks,
Anuj

enrico-sorichetti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by enrico-sorichetti »

unfortunately nothing happens for me
just an enlarged Happy Diwali.jpg

safari and chrome with Yosemite
firefox with openSUSE
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort 8-)
Pathi Kumaran

Post by Pathi Kumaran »

Happy Diwali!

For me both light and clikcing on photo works. I'm using IE7 and Windows 7.
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

It should look like as shown in the attached picture below, on the top of every page. Portal page does not show them up but I'll ignore that for the time being:

[center]
Smashable Lights.png
[/center]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thanks,
Anuj

Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Pathi Kumaran wrote:Happy Diwali!

For me both light and clikcing on photo works. I'm using IE7 and Windows 7.
That's great but I think you should update the explorer you are using. IE7 is out of support now, if I'm not mistaken.
Thanks,
Anuj

Vijaya Yadaw

Post by Vijaya Yadaw »

Happy Diwali All.
Happy-Diwali.gif
Mayank Gupta

Post by Mayank Gupta »

Happy Diwali ! :)
Apurva Shelar

Post by Apurva Shelar »

Happy Diwali. :)
Akshypal
Registered Member

Post by Akshypal »