Initial edit macro set.

Time Sharing Option, Interactive System Productivity Facility and REstructured eXtended eXecutor

Moderator: mickeydusaor

Binamra
Registered Member

Initial edit macro set.

Post by Binamra »

Hi,

What does "Initial edit macro set" means? When I open a loadlid in edit mode, it shows "Initial edit macro set", When I pressed F1, it showed me this:

Code: Select all

Œ¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹œ
4 	An initial edit macro is defined for actions Edit and View. Enter a "/" in 	4
4 	the prompt field for Edit or View Actions to display or change Edit/View   	4
4 	entry fields.                                                              	4
‹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹›

What does this really mean?
Robert Sample
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Re: Initial edit macro set.

Post by Robert Sample »

When you Edit or View a data set, there is an option to set an initial macro to be executed when the data set is opened. You are being told that an initial edit macro was established for the data set, and it is being invoked.
Binamra
Registered Member

Post by Binamra »

Is it set-up by individual users or by system-admin? As I have not set up any edit macro.
nicc
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by nicc »

Have you tried any research? Help from the Edit data set name entry panel (where the initial macro is specified in a user modifiable field - unless the panel has been amended) or the various ISPF manuals?
Regards
Nic
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

There can be several reasons why an initial edit macro might execute at the start of an edit session. Please check if there is any unexpected characters in the Initial Macro field of the Edit or View panel? If yes, you can remove it.

If you see this happening only in the data set list utility, are there any stray characters on the Data Set Utility's Edit Entry panel?

To verify the initial macro from the Data Set List Utility's EDIT Entry Panel, bring up a data set list which includes one of the data sets you want to edit. Then select that data set with E (Edit). When the member list appears, select a member with the S line command, and put a / in the Prompt field. Press the Enter key. Same process applies to vie. You can verify the VIEW Initial Macro field is correct or not by selecting the data set with V (View).
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.
Binamra
Registered Member

Post by Binamra »

Anuj Dhawan wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:31 pmThere can be several reasons why an initial edit macro might execute at the start of an edit session. Please check if there is any unexpected characters in the Initial Macro field of the Edit or View panel? If yes, you can remove it.

If you see this happening only in the data set list utility, are there any stray characters on the Data Set Utility's Edit Entry panel?

To verify the initial macro from the Data Set List Utility's EDIT Entry Panel, bring up a data set list which includes one of the data sets you want to edit. Then select that data set with E (Edit). When the member list appears, select a member with the S line command, and put a / in the Prompt field. Press the Enter key. Same process applies to vie. You can verify the VIEW Initial Macro field is correct or not by selecting the data set with V (View).
Thanks will check those options.