Need help in creating the access report for a RACF ID, TSO LU does not work for me.

Time Sharing Option, Interactive System Productivity Facility and REstructured eXtended eXecutor

Moderator: mickeydusaor

SanghviC

Need help in creating the access report for a RACF ID, TSO LU does not work for me.

Post by SanghviC »

Hi,

I think I'm in order to get some rant here but requirements can come in flying colors. There was some violation of policies, not knowingly though but that has resulted creating a report to listing all the user accesses. :shock:

I don't have any admin rights on my ID but as I need to create a report listing about kind of profile for other users, I searched and got that TSO LU can be of help. But when I used it, I got the message that I am not authorized to see the profile of the user. :o

I want to have a report which should list accesses a given user-id can have for different subsystems. Can anyone of you please suggest a way to do this? Any help in this is highly appreciated.
SanghviC

Re: Need help in creating the access report for a RACF ID, TSO LU does not work for me.

Post by SanghviC »

Another thought, I can get in touch with the admins too but I need to tell them what commands might help me... :? ... that might help.
nicc
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Need help in creating the access report for a RACF ID, TSO LU does not work for me.

Post by nicc »

You MUST to get in touch with the RACF administrators. It is their job to produce violation reports - and maybe yours to analyse the report that has been produced for your department. They know which commands to use - you should not need to know them unti they tell you. You will be getting access violations trying to access other peoples' profile. You will be able to justify it in this case but you should still get a strong telling-off.
Regards
Nic
Robert Sample
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Post by Robert Sample »

You need to go back to whoever gave you this assignment and request assistance. Basically, if you cannot do a TSO LU then you're not likely to be able to use any of the other RACF commands that could help you. So you need guidance -- from the person giving you the assignment -- on how to gain access to the data you need to complete the assignment. You should NOT be randomly trying commands (such as LU) to see if you have access.