Way to increase the default logoff time.

Time Sharing Option, Interactive System Productivity Facility and REstructured eXtended eXecutor

Moderator: mickeydusaor

BobP
Registered Member

Way to increase the default logoff time.

Post by BobP »

Hi,

In my office, my TSO session gets logged out if it is not used for 5 minutes, can we extend the automatic logoff time by any chance? Or is it advisable?
Thanks,
zprogrammer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Way to increase the default logoff time.

Post by zprogrammer »

Hi Bobp,

In general only system programmers would have authority to extend the default log off time

SYS1.PARMLIB will have a member SMFPRMxx about JWT,SWT,TWT where the session details are handled by SYSTEM programmer

Also check this link below

https://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledg ... tm?lang=en
zprogrammer
BobP
Registered Member

Post by BobP »

Thanks Pandora-Box. I usually keep my terminal busy but you never know when you are pulled in some call and that time it mkaes trouble. 30 minutes default is pretty good, as per the manual but it's 5 minutes at my terminal.
Thanks,
William Collins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by William Collins »

Five minutes is excessive. Nope, I don't mean that. Five minutes is excessively tight. It is a resource-saving thing (there's lots of debate about what is actually saved).

You should request, through your boss, a review of this. With five minutes, I'd suspect there are so many log-offs (forced) and subsequent log-ins that more resources are used than the five-minute cut-off "saves".
BobP
Registered Member

Post by BobP »

Thanks for all your replies.

I think I saw a reply there on this thread using some SDSF trick but it is not there now?
Thanks,
enrico-sorichetti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by enrico-sorichetti »

the answer was deleted, because it was against any good judgement and was trying to circumvent Your organization rules

if Your organisation set some rules trying to circumvent them could be cause for lawful termination
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort 8-)