GC26-4015 & GC26-4016 Manual

Virtual Storage Access method - ESDS, KSDS, RRDS & LDS. Basic direct access method, Basic sequential -, Queued sequential -, Basic partitioned -, Indexed sequential -, Object - access method.
kingo
Registered Member

GC26-4015 & GC26-4016 Manual

Post by kingo »

Hi,

Anyone having a copy of Manual GC26-4015 & GC26-4016 it would be great if anyone could share it with me.

It is a IBM manual I am unable to find a copy of it, No luck in google as well.
Robert Sample
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Re: GC26-4015 & GC26-4016 Manual

Post by Robert Sample »

Those manuals date back to the early 1980's and hence you are not likely to find them easily -- they predate the world wide web by 10 years or so. Furthermore, they are manuals for MVS/XA (extended architecture), an operating system that is many releases before the current z/OS operating system. Unless there is some specific reason you think you need them, you would be better off downloading and reading the IBM Redbook VSAM Demystified from http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/s ... .html?Open and DFSMS Macro Instructions for Data Sets from https://www-304.ibm.com/servers/resourc ... 0_v2r3.pdf This gives you the concepts in the Redbook, and the Macro Instructions manual has the current versions of the assembler macros to access VSAM data sets (Chapter 2 has examples as well).
kingo
Registered Member

Post by kingo »

Hi Robert,

Those Manuals helped as I was trying to learn about ACB,RPL,EXLST MACRO for VSAM processing.Thank you :)
enrico-sorichetti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by enrico-sorichetti »

cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort 8-)
kingo
Registered Member

Post by kingo »

Thank you Enrico :) I will check that