IAMSMFVS and VSAM.

Virtual Storage Access method - ESDS, KSDS, RRDS & LDS. Basic direct access method, Basic sequential -, Queued sequential -, Basic partitioned -, Indexed sequential -, Object - access method.
VijayMatutiDeshekar
Registered Member

IAMSMFVS and VSAM.

Post by VijayMatutiDeshekar »

Hi,

I over heard that if IAMSMFVS program processes SMF data it can flag VSAM dataset with very high activity. It can also locate the VSAM files which are using a lot of DASD space. But I could not figure out a way to execute this program. Is it restricted to be executed by programmer by chance? Can anyone help in this regard please?
nicc
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: IAMSMFVS and VSAM.

Post by nicc »

If it is restricted then that would most likely be site-dependent so we would have no idea as we do not work at your site. So ask your people. If it is not restricted then your follow-up question is "how do I use it?". Again, we cannot help as any JCL would depend on your site standards.
Regards
Nic
Robert Sample
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Post by Robert Sample »

From the name, I would expect IAMSMFVS to be a product from the independent software vendor Innovation Data Processing. As such, it will NOT be installed at every site since it costs money. IF your site has a license for the product, you have access to the manuals for the product (via internal web site, via hard copy, via the vendor web site -- you might have to ask around your coworkers or site support group to find out for sure) and can find out how to execute it there. Some site-specific information, however, such as the precise JCL to use, may have to come from your site support group so you probably should start by talking to them.
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Got this after a search on internet:

abcbank_iamsmfvs_report.pdf

That's obviously a product from an independent software vendor and you might want to touch base with them (someone from your shop or interdependently) for any further questions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.
VijayMatutiDeshekar
Registered Member

Post by VijayMatutiDeshekar »

Hi Anuj,

Thanks for the pdf link. this was helpful.
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

You're welcome! :)
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.