IDCAMS LISTCAT LEVEL behavior in z/OS 2.1.

Virtual Storage Access method - ESDS, KSDS, RRDS & LDS. Basic direct access method, Basic sequential -, Queued sequential -, Basic partitioned -, Indexed sequential -, Object - access method.
AmitPatil

IDCAMS LISTCAT LEVEL behavior in z/OS 2.1.

Post by AmitPatil »

Hello,

We have a lot of jobs in our shop which have "LISTCAT LEVEL(some.gdg) GDG" to chek if a GDG base has any GDS. Based on that, the return code is set as RC=0 or not RC=4. But this behavior seems to chaneg with zOS 2.1 With z/OS 2.1, RC is always 0. What I have searched based on that, this is a known issue and according to IBM:
1. USE IDCNOGFL instead of IDCAMS (but not sure that this will not be removed in a future release)
2. USE LISCAT ENT(A.B.C.*) : but if a file A.B.C.D exists then the RC is 0 !
3. Move to catalog search interface
Have someone else also face the similar issued and found an alternative which works now and in the future too?

Thank you for any help.
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Re: IDCAMS LISTCAT LEVEL behavior in z/OS 2.1.

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Per II14670: LISTCAT LEVEL CHANGE IN 2.1 I doubt that you've any other option than writing a REXX. Have you tried using LISTCAT LEVEL(GDGBase) NONVSAM NAME, might help in your particular situation!?
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.