Mainframe as a career.

You can ask to get referred in this Forum.
Forum rules
1. Please be a thorough professional while you ask to be referred in some company - it's the first gateway for you to impress someone for your professional capabilities.
2. Please do not pester - it's a volunteer effort.
Tanveer Alam
Registered Member

Mainframe as a career.

Post by Tanveer Alam »

Hi All,

What is the future of a mainframe professional when every major corporation is trying to take off their mainframe systems? Could someone please share his experience here. In the time of Big Data and Cloud, when the candidates in these technologies are getting paid much more than us in Mainframes, does not this question haunt anyone else? What choices are we mainframe programmer left with? :shock:
enrico-sorichetti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Mainframe as a career.

Post by enrico-sorichetti »

Topic locked, leading nowhere
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort 8-)
Robert Sample
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Re: Mainframe as a career.

Post by Robert Sample »

when every major corporation is trying to take off their mainframe systems?
Where is your evidence for this? BMC just released a mainframe study that specifically stated that the large companies using mainframes expect to still be using mainframes in the 2025 to 2030 time frame -- hardly an indication of companies trying to get off mainframes. Compuware released a survey last year that said something like 70% of companies using mainframes see no alternatives to their mainframes. So there is evidence that contradicts your statement.

Return to “Ask for Job Guidance and referrals here.”