These rules are disclosed to clarify the various responsibilities of all community members here on Mainframe, MVS & zOS Discussion. They shall be adhered to by everyone to ensure that our board runs smoothly and provides a fun and productive experience for all of our community members and visitors.
Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting. Users consistently posting to the wrong forum may be given a warning (see policing below).
In case, you post in the wrong section - don't double post in the right section but add a post that you'd like the thread moved. A moderator will move it for you. #
- Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning. #
- Bumping: Please do not bump threads more than once every 5 days. This does not mean getting other users to bump it for you. #
- Members should remember this board is aimed at mainframe practitioners, a general audience,. Posting pornographic or generally offensive text, images, links, etc. will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning. #
- Members are asked only to post in English, as this is an English speaking community. Localized support is not yet available. #
- Members should post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing". That is users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or coloured text, etc. Similarly users should not SHOUT or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts. Users consistently abusing this will be warned. #
- Members are asked to not act as “back seat moderators”. If members note an issue which contravenes something in this policy document they are welcome to bring it to the attention of a member of the Moderator Team. Please use the “post report” feature to report posts. Do not respond to such topics yourself. Members who constantly “act” as moderators may be warned. #
- You've a question post here, this is an open Forum - do not request help via Private messages(PM). #
- Replying directly after your own post (or "bumping") is only permitted after six hours have elapsed since your last post. You may only bump a topic a maximum of two times until a reply is received. If you fail to receive a reply, consider editing your post and include further information which may aid for your expected answer. #
- Please remember that this Forum is supported by a team of volunteers. All members of the staff and community are assisting you during their spare time with only your gratitude as compensation. We ask that you consider this before posting. #
- Follow OQOT rule - One Question One Thread. Asking multiple questions in a single thread leads to unnecessary clutter. For a better discussion, please avoid it. #
- Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting. Users consistently posting to the wrong forum may be given a warning (see policing below).
- Avatars should be no larger than 120x120 pixels and should not exceed 20KiB in size. #
- Remote avatars must have a consistently high availability to ensure page load times are not affected. #
- Avatars are subject to the same conditions as posts with respect to the general forum etiquette. Please abide by them. #
- Signatures may contain up to five lines of normal sized text OR a single image that is no more than 60px high, 468px wide, 10KiB in size and one line of small sized text. The font size of signatures should be normal or small only. #
- Content in signatures should be consistent with normal writing and abide by the general forum etiquette. Users not following these rules will be warned or have their signature privileges revoked. #
- Arguing with team members after having received a warning will lead to an immediate additional warning. Should this exceed three strikes a temporary ban will be put in place as above. #
- Users will be warned a maximum of three times for any and all offences in a three month period. If the need arises for a fourth warning a temporary ban will be put in place of between 2 to 5 days. #
- We're not a support desk. We're a group of volunteers who give our spare time. We all have day jobs. There's no SLA on our responses. #
- The Search Facility Is Your Friend. Most questions have been asked in here at some point. Your answer could be waiting to be found and posting could be unnecessary. #
- If you've got an urgent problem, may be look through channels at your office. Double posting will not get your question answered faster; it's more likely to annoy people and make them ignore you or flame you. #